7.06.2010

Sewing for the USA

I went to San Antonio to spend the 4th of July weekend with my sweet sis. They have just purchased a most AMAZING casa, and she has been painting away and cleaning everything up to make it a home. This is the precious welcome sign that greeted me when I got there!
I brought my sewing machine and we put on our creative hats and made some ADORABLE custom window treatments for her kitchen and living room! We shopped for fabric and ended up with some really pretty stuff...isn't she pwetty stuff?? : ) Amanda has such a fun and cheerful disposition that translates directly into her design style. From her sunny yellow living room walls to her cheery blue kitchen cabinets with pressed tin backsplash, her cozy home is full of life and personality! Her fabric selections were such a fun combination of pattern and color...They look great and really make the house feel homey! (is that even a word? )
We ironed the hems and pinned it all together...
and sewed it all together on this super chic sewing table... (see how my lovely headband matches the drapes. So stylish. haha.)

And for the Living room Manda wanted grommet top drapes...

TAAADAAA!!!!

Workin on the kitchen valance...

Baaaaa! SO stinkin CUTE!!!

Manda and her divine kitchen window...

The lovely lady of the house with her beautiful drapes...

We found the huge mondo rodding at Pottery barn outlet. Marked down from about $220 to $20!!! Woo Hoo What a deal!!!

I had such a lovely time with the Lees, even though the Mister was sadly gone 30 of the 48 hours that I was there. Kirker and Manda were just so much fun to hang out with and I can't wait to go back!

1 comment:

Emily Adams said...

gasp! i love it all!! i'm so impressed with those cute kitchen curtains. ahh! adorable. i'm stealing all of these ideas. all of them! :) i can't wait to make curtains for my living room!