6.14.2012

shower curtain diy.

It took me awhile but I finally got around to making the shower curtain!
Remember the tiling of the old tub/shower surround that I posted about in March?
we have really enjoyed it that past couple of months but 
with only a clear shower curtain liner the project was still not complete.
I bought 4 yards of this linen fabric last fall while looking around Hancock's 
with my sweet sis-in-law without even knowing what I would use it for:
It is a Kravet Fabric by Thom Filicia called CitySquare/Misty Morning
it retails for around $100/yd and I found 4 yards of it for $3.50/yd. CArayzay.

I knew that I wanted to mount the shower curtain rod all the way up next to the ceiling to add height to this little bathroom, but I didn't have enough fabric to do 1 solid panel all the way across and all the way up. Also I thought this might make our shower too dark when the curtain was 
pulled shut since we don't have a light in there. 
So instead I made 2 dummy panels. The plastic shower liner tucks behind one of the panels when it is not in use so that the beautiful mosaic can be seen all day :) and when the shower is in use the frosted shower liner pulls across keeping the water in while letting the light shine through.
I took this picture while standing in the tub so you could see all the way to the top of the curtain panels in the reflection of the mirror. It's so hard to take pictures in such a small room!
I found this woven stool at the Antique Gallery here in Abilene, Tejas. It has been a nice addition to bathtub time. Very convenient spot for magazines/candles :)

I can't believe the weekend is almost here...this week has FLOWN by! We are going to be changing out our  kitchen counter tops and installing a new backsplash soon so we need those weekends!

1 comment:

Kelly Mann said...

in LOVE and so jealous of your fabulous deal!!!!! let's fabric shop for a little someone soon, k? :)