11.21.2010

rug hunter.

I am hoping to get a rug for our living room in the next few months but per the hubs request it cannot be jute, sisal, woven or any other type that is not soft, squishy and pleasing to the bare foot. ; )
And since the man hardly EVER has an opinion on ANYTHING, I must honor that request.

As I have been looking it has just amazed me how you can fall in LOVE with one rug (but the price is absolutely out of the question) and then find a very similar rug at a WAY lower cost...
Let me share some of the comparisons with you:

Horchow's Pemberton Rug- $629 plus shipping...
 Overstock's version of this geometric pattern (with GREAT reviews) is $166 including shipping...
 this "WoodGrain" rug in a 5'6" x 8'6" is $1575 plus shipping...
 a similar look from Overstock is only $221..

I LEERVE this pattern from Horchow...but sadly it is outta my lil budget at $1260 for an 8' x 10'...
 This is not as similar, but its got a circular pattern repeated and it's purty at $380...
 Pottery Barn's Malika Persian Rug is a classic beauty and it's on sale right now at $379 plus shipping for a 5' x 8'
Overstock has a similar color way in a persian style that at $116 makes me a little nervous about the quality...I would have do some serious review reading before I made this purchase...and that pottery barn price isn't too bad and you wouldn't have to be concerned with the quality...
 This large medallion rug from Horchow is killer expensive at $2199 plus for a 5' x 8'...
 and I actually like this starburst pattern from Overstock better...it's $199
 manda...this grey zebra from west elm made me think of you... ; )

i think the important thing is to not completely sacrifice quality...but definitely look around before you fork over the big bucks for "the perfect" rug.

  Now I just have to find the perfect one for me...wish me luck!

No comments: